The Australian Livestock Markets Association’s (ALMA) National Saleyards Expo began on a relaxed note on Tuesday evening with members, industry stakeholders and key decision makers meeting at the Rockhampton Leagues Club for casual drinks and great conversation.
Over Thursday and Friday ALMA members and stakeholders from all over the country will come together in one place, to hear about and discuss regional and national issues that affect the industry during the conference program.
Delegates are encouraged to:
- Broaden their horizons and think about the future
- Reconnect with and expand their network
- Engage with the Board and let them know what they’re thinking
- Meet face to face with industry service providers
- Catch up with old acquaintances or make new ones
An off-site tour has also been organised, during which guests will visit the Central Queensland Livestock Exchange at Gracemere and the Paradise Lagoons facility.
The expo will wrap-up with the presentation of the Animal Welfare Award and a celebratory dinner on Thursday night at The Stirling Rockhampton.