Sustainability is always one of the most contested categories in the Syngenta Growth Awards, because the industry is so acutely aware of the link between creating sustainable practice and being able to continue to farm into the future.
Sustainable practice requires an exceptional understanding of regional conditions, the crop and the soil, to build the best approach to planting, protecting, growing and harvesting.
The Growth Awards Sustainability category recognises growers and advisers who are committed to addressing industry issues to create a sustainable and profitable future.
Meet the 2020 Sustainability regional winners:
- Chris Monsour, Adviser, Bowen, QLD
- Chris Toohey , Adviser, Albury, NSW
- Denis Persley, Adviser, Brisbane. QLD
- Linda Peacock, Adviser, Tauranga, NZ
- Nigel Myers , Adviser, Lower Eyre Peninsula, SA
- Stuart Grigg , Adviser, Ballan, VIC
The story Eye on the future: Leaders committed to sustainable practices first appeared on The Land.