The fifth webinar in the Agriculture Victoria irrigation webinar series 'Securing your future water needs - harnessing carryover and other water products,' will run on Thursday, April 29, from 1pm.
Agriculture Victoria senior irrigation extension officer Rob O'Connor said the webinar will discuss smart ways of taking advantage of the current low water prices to better manage future water price risk in the 2021-22 season and beyond.
- Water prices remain low across southern Murray-Darling Basin in 2020/21
- New agency need to end risk of water market manipulation: ACCC
The webinar will cover:
- The situation and outlook for southern Murray Darling Basin (sMDB) water allocations and the water market and what the outlook means for securing future water requirements
- Current opportunities with carryover water, allocation forwards, entitlement leases and carryover leasing (parking)
- Implications of carryover rules and spillable water, for irrigators
- Protecting and accessing your carryover
- Balancing the costs, benefits and risks of carryover and other water products in your farm water portfolio.
Mr O'Connor said expert speakers will include Phil Grahame, Ruralco general manager, who has over 10 years of experience in water broking with a diverse range of clients across the connected sMDB.
Plus, Andrew Shields, Goulburn Murray water river operations manager, who manages surface water, including GMW seasonal determinations, allocation outlooks and river flow planning.
To register in advance for this webinar, go to https://bit.ly/AgVicWMW5
After registering, be careful to save the confirmation email containing important information about joining the webinar, including a password.
For technical issues please call John Paulet on 0429 158 500, or for more information about the irrigation webinar series call Rob O'Connor on 0408 515 652.
This webinar is brought to you by the Sustainable Irrigation Program, a partnership between Agriculture Victoria, DELWP, catchment management authorities and rural water corporations.