Dairy Australia has released an online version of the Farm Fitness Checklist, a key resource from the Our Farm, Our Plan program.
The online checklist is able to be used by farmers and their advisers on a device of their choice (including smartphones) and provides an easy place to start the planning process anytime, anywhere.
It helps farmers to look at their 'now' position and start to think about what areas of their farm, life and business they may want to focus on in the future or improve now.
- Dairy Australia introduces program to help farmers achieve long-term goals
- Plan for success with Our Farm, Our Plan
There are eight parts to the checklist that cover the whole farm, including the people involved, and farmers can complete as much or as little as they like at any time.
The checklist automatically saves and can be picked up again whenever the farmer wants.
How to get started
Getting started is easy - just scan the QR code below or visit dairyaustralia.com.au/ofop and click on the Farm Fitness Checklist.
The first time the Farm Fitness Checklist is used, the farmer will need to register with an email and password.
What will the online Farm Fitness Checklist do?
The Farm Fitness Checklist has been designed to be user friendly, including being able to be used on home computers or mobile devices.
- Users can create and edit multiple checklists. Farmers might do one every year or they might have multiple farms that they want to do separately.
- Farmers can work on their checklist when and where it suits them, doing as much or as little as they like at any one time, and the checklist will automatically save.
- Users can share a checklist with other people and give them 'view' or 'view and edit' access. These people might be a partner or family members, or other members of the team, such as a field officer, consultant, accountant, banker or regional extension officer.
- Users can view other people's checklists that have been shared with them, and edit if they have ticked the 'view and edit' option when sharing.
- Users can review a checklist that was completed in the past - this is an excellent way to review progress made since they last thought about their 'now' position.
- Users can easily contact Dairy Australia for further information about Our Farm, Our Plan or for support - just hit the contact button or the phone button when using the mobile version.
A key output from the tool is a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) that records the things that users have noted as they work through the checklist.
This provides a great basis for farmers to think about areas of their farm that they will focus on.
The Our Farm, Our Plan workshops delivered by Dairy Australia's regional teams work through the 'now, where, how, review' planning cycle.
Farmers identify their business and personal goals and the actions they plan to take to achieve those goals, while considering risks to their business.
Our Farm, Our Plan captures this on a Plan on a Page, taking the ideas in peoples heads and putting them down on paper.
One-on-one support is provided for 24 months to assist farmers to get their Plan on a Page in good shape, get everyone on the same page and to successfully implement their plans.
To find out more about Our Farm, Our Plan and to register interest please:
- Contact DA's regional teams (contact details are on the inside back cover of this edition).
- Go to dairyaustralia.com.au/ofop.
- Call 1800 548 073.
Want to read more stories like this?
Sign up below to receive our e-newsletter delivered fresh to your email in-box twice a week.