LambEx 2018 has released its program featuring a quality line-up of international and Australian speakers who will present on an array of local and global issues for the sheep and lamb industry.
LambEx 2018 returns to Perth from August 5 to 7 at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, WA.
Conference chairwoman Bindi Murray said LambEx 2018 was shaping up to be the biggest and best yet.
“We have a fantastic program and an amazing line-up of speakers from across the globe who will provide a thought-provoking and insightful look at the lamb and sheep industry in Australia and internationally,” she said.
“LambEx 2018 keynote speakers are internationally recognised, including CEO for The Center for Food Integrity, Charlie Arnot, and Beef and Lamb New Zealand Independent Director, Melissa Clark-Reynolds.
“We are also excited to welcome modern day shepherd and author James Rebanks from the Lake District of the United Kingdom.”
Other experts to speak include:
- AuctionsPlus CEO Anna Speer will answer the question whether farmers can expect ‘amazon-style’ disruption in livestock marketing in years to come and how the company has spent 30 years trying to disrupt the way farmers trade livestock.
- Ed Peter, Duxton Capital, will debate if corporate investment will disrupt the way we do business in the sheep industry.
- Consultant Jason Trompf will look at the achievements and leakages of the sheep supply chain and what can be done about it.
- Meat & Livestock Australia’s Lisa Sharp will discuss the new generation consumer and what they want.
The LambEx program also features a number of social events including the Fletcher International Exports Welcome Function, breakfasts hosted by Sheep CRC, AusWest Seeds, Boehringer Ingelheim and Gallagher.
Another highlight will be the Virbac International pre-dinner drinks followed by AWI’s GrandsLamb dinner.
Early-bird registrations are now open and Ms Murray urged producers to take advantage of the rates.
LambEx 2018 major event partners are the WA Government Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, Meat & Livestock Australia, and WAMMCO International.
Other major sponsors include Fairfax Agricultural Media, Fletcher International Exports, Australian Wool Innovation, Virbac Australia, Rabobank and Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Visit www.lambex.com.au to register and view the full program.